1. K-State home
  2. »College of Education
  3. »Student Success
  4. »Undergraduate Student Success
  5. »Transfer Students and Transfer Credit

College of Education

Make Your Mark – Make a DifferenceMake Your Mark – Make a Difference

Transfer Students and Transfer Credits

Official transcripts must be sent directly from previously attended colleges and universities to the K-State Office of Admissions at k-state@k-state.edu.

Hand-carried transcripts and transcripts sent by students are unofficial even though they may carry the college seal or signatures that are placed on official records. Only one-half of the hours required for a K-State degree may be taken at a two-year college. Ninety hours from a four-year college or university can be transferred for a K-State degree. You must have a minimum of 30 hours in residence at K-State to receive a K-State degree. Also, 20 of the last 30 hours for the degree must be from K-State.

Once enrolled at K-State, students who want to take additional courses from another college or university and have the credits transferred to K-State need to confer with their advisor. To determine how courses may transfer to K-State, visit the Transfer Equivalency site.

Although grades from transfer credits do not transfer to K-State, we do use transfer grades in the College of Education. Grades from other colleges are used along with your K-State grades for the GPA used for Admission to Teacher Education and Student Teaching.