1. K-State home
  2. »College of Education
  3. »Academic Programs
  4. »Academic Program Areas
  5. »Student Affairs Graduate Programs

College of Education

College of Education
006 Bluemont Hall
1114 Mid-Campus Drive North
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506

785-532-7304 fax

Student Affairs Graduate Programs

Tuition Information: See the Cashiers and Student Accounts website for tuition and fee schedules.

College Student Development Master's Degree

The College Student Development program is designed to prepare students for work in student affairs units in higher education institutions and to assist students with meeting the professional entry-level requirements in the field.

Accreditation: The Council for the Advancement of Standards (CAS) has developed functional areas standards for higher education programs. The Master of Science in College Student Development program meets most of the general curriculum policies of the CAS Standards.

Student Affairs in Higher Education Doctorate (Ph.D.)

The Student Affairs in Higher Education program is designed for educators, administrators, direct service providers, and leaders who seek to enhance their knowledge and professional skills to assume positions in institutions of higher education or in education-related agencies. The Ph.D. program is for advanced students who desire to contribute to the knowledge base of higher education and leadership through a thorough grounding in research. The program emphasizes professional practice in higher education guided and informed by theory and research.


If you are interested in learning more about various careers in student affairs, helpful information can be found on the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA) website.