2020 Education Symposium – Virtual!
Thursday, October 8, 2020 via Zoom
Teaching and Learning in a Crisis
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Registration Fee: $20.00
Since 1988, students representing the College of Education have organized and held an exceptionally well-received symposium as a major professional development activity.
Education Symposium 2020 will be presented in a new dynamic online format, divided into four tracks:
- Beginning Student Success
- Teaching with Educational Technology
- Wellness during and after Crisis
- Crisis Management and Communication
If you have any questions regarding the 2020 Education Symposium please contact Ana Lucia Mendonca, Symposium Coordinator by e-mail at email@example.com.
2020 Symposium Program
8:30-9:00 a.m. – Opening Session
9:00-10:00 a.m. – Track A: Beginning Teacher Success
- Who Are You and What Would You Be as a Teacher?
- First Year Teaching with First Year Teachers (PANEL)
- Icebreakers and Getting to Know Your Students
10:00-11:00 a.m. – Track B: Teaching with Educational Technology
- Issues Regarding Digital Equity
- Gamification in the Learning Environment
- Strategies for Effective Online Learning (PANEL)
11:10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – Hause Creativity Lecture (KTOY)
12:30-1:30 p.m. – LUNCH
1:30-2:20 p.m. – BESITOS Documentary
2:20-3:20 p.m. – Track C: Wellness During and After Crisis
- Emotional Supports for Children, Parents and Teachers (PANEL)
- Behavior Issues After Long Periods Without School (PANEL)
- Dealing with Food Insecurity (PANEL)
3:20-4:20 p.m. – Track D: Crisis Management and Communication
- Connecting with Your Students Through Social Media
- Change Management: How to Work Effectively
- Creativity to Foster Online Engagement
4:20-4:30 p.m. – Closing Remarks